Americans for Prosperity has partnered with the Civic Committee of the Commercial Club of Chicago in support of much needed pension reforms.
As you may know, the State of Illinois is facing nearly $120 billion in debt from years of under-funding and mismanagement of the pension funds for state employees. Lawmakers in Springfield are at fault for this—not government employees.
However, in order to fix the problem, it is clear that reforms to the State's pension system will be necessary. The huge debt load has resulted in a public outcry for lawmakers to substantially reform the Illinois pension system.
Did you know…
- that the amount of debt caused by the government employee pension benefits amounts to a total of $30,000 per Illinois household?
- that state government employees can retire at age 55 with full benefits?
- that state government employees who retire from their state job after 20 years or more will be eligible to receive free tax payer funded health care benefits?
- that Illinois has 13 million residents of which only 5% – or about 700,000 of them are enrolled in the State's pension programs? The remaining 95% must pay higher taxes to pay for the retirement benefits, that are far more generous than their own benefiting just 5% of the population?
- that Illinois lawmakers are currently debating pension reform and need to hear from you NOW! (hyperlink this to the action alert)
For more information on Pension Reform go to www.Illiniosisbroke.com